Sunday, October 12, 2008

GPirate is Musical Salvation

Last weekend my girlfriend and I went to see Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist. The movie was great. It was a delightfully offbeat teenage love story set against the backdrop of a night of music and adventure in New York. It could’ve easily been done poorly, but the filmmakers managed to keep the movie from ever slipping into “teen movie” clichés. The thing that struck us most about the movie though was its amazing soundtrack. It was this wonderful mix of different indie bands most of which I’d never heard before, and it set a great mood for the film.

Right away I know we have to get this soundtrack. So I come home, check around on iTunes and there it is. I listen to the sound samples, and am sold right away. So, what do I do next? Well, you might guess I whipped out my bankcard and bought it right on the spot, but you’d be wrong. I did what I almost always do. I went straight over to Gpirate, searched for a torrent file and started downloading. I’m betting a lot of you got most of your music that way.

Chris, Democrat 30 years, loves GPIRATE the best TORRENT SEARCH ENGINE

No comments: